Warm up with a winter winner, Bobotie
New ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam is the ideal addition when creating Bobotie, that moreish mixture of curried mince and creamy golden topping we’ve loved since childhood! ALL GOLD Skweezi is a South African ‘first’, this jam is crammed full of the goodness of real fruit, packaged in an innovative bottle, so you can conveniently squeeze out the jam with ease! Make this one-dish wonder, today
Bobotie the ALL GOLD way
Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed garlic
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) masala
- 15 ml Mrs Balls Chutney
- 10 ml vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 50 ml ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam
- 65 ml (¼ cup) seedless raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 6 bay leaves
- Heat oil and fry onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add minced beef, cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Place bread in a bowl and cover with milk.
- Soak for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze bread and reserve the milk.
- Add bread to mince, together with spices and ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam, chutney and vinegar.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into individual ovenproof bowls or 1 large rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 180 °C.
- Mix together reserved milk and eggs.
- Remove Bobotie from oven and pour milk mixture over.
- Top with bay leaves.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes at 180 °C until custard has set.
- Serve warm over rice or with a salad.
For more tasty ALL GOLD Jam recipes, crammed full of goodness, which taste real good, visit our newly revamped website: http://www.allgold.co.za/. Join the conversations on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllGoldSA or Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllGold_SA and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allgoldsa/ .