The Shed’s prawn linguine pasta
- paprika 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper roasted x 1 whole sliced into strips
- 20 prawns deveined and heads off
- Juive of half lemon
- White wine 150ml
- Red onion x 1 finely chopped
- A whole green chili chopped finely
- Garlic x 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Napoletana sauce (garlic 1 teaspoon, celery 3 stalks, carrots 4 & whole peeled tomato x 1 tin. Blended and cooked for 45 mins on low heat)
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Fresh basil
- Linguine pasta boiled 7 mins in water with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Half roasted cherry tomato 15 (8 mins under the a medium grill)
Add a splash of oil to the pan on medium heat ans saute the onions until browned. Add the garlic, roasted red pepper, paprika, chili & a little salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes before turning up the eat and popping in the splash of wine. Once the wine has cooked off add your napoletana and reduce the heat. Add the cream and reduce.
In another pan saute your prawns in olive oil, salt, paprika and chili. Once cooked through add to your sauce.
Just before serving toss your drained pasta through the sauce. Squeeze a little lemon and chop some fresh basil over the top before serving.
For more information on chef and co-owner of the Shed Restaurant and Bar in Salt Rock, James Kriel click here!