Décor & Gardening
Moving with your pets
We asked the team at Cat Box Pet Hyper to give us a few tips for moving with pets:
- Start packing early, room by room, and keep your pets’ routines as normal as possible. Give them plenty of love and attention!
- If you’re changing vets, get your pets’ records and ensure their vaccinations are up to date.
- Ask your vet for a mild sedative for travel if your pet has health problems or is easily upset.
- Keep your pet relatively confined at your new home until they are comfortable with their surroundings (keep cats indoors for a while).
- If you have a bird, put it in a place where it is undisturbed until it’s used to its new surroundings.
- If you have fish, test the water for similarity to that of your old home and adjust if needed.
- Try putting them in a similar location as they were in your old house (food and water bowls by the back door, bed in the family room, etc).
If you’re looking for a wide selection of dog and cat food and other apparel to make your pet’s transition easier, try Cat Box Pet Hyper in Ballito. They import well-known brands and stock products like cat scratching posts, silicone cat litter, cages and wooden rabbit hutches, to name a few. Details: Cat Box Pet Hyper Ballito, Unit 12, Monza Park, 2 Garlicke Drive, Ballito Business Park / 032 586 1710 / www.pethypers.co.za